We migrated our old URL (
www.nyc-officespace-leader) to a new domain (
https://www.metro-manhattan.com) on April 5th, 2018. The new domain has been registered to us since 2013.
Within 5 days web traffic feel about 90%. At about 21 days, web traffic increased to about 75% of it's previous daily traffic. It has been stable in the last week.
Is this normal? Should traffic recover? I have read it can take up to about 2 months. A feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated! We followed the below procedures for the switch:
- Create "splash" page with
- Remove redirection
- SSL for
- Verify the domain
metro-manhattan.comon Google search console
- Create two subdomians to "simulate" the redirection/migration and test redirection
- move the reduced website from subdomain 2 to
- Apply the partial redirection on production
- Submit a sitemap on google webmaster tools for
- Apply complete redirection from