Ok, so I have been chasing this issue for weeks now through Google's community forums, running tests, hosting support and no one has been able to provide any answers as to what is happening with one of our client's websites.
This is the domain in question:
Here is a complete list of operations performed for this property:
- DNS is managed through Cloudflare and I have a Page Rule setup to force HTTPS to the mentioned version of the domain.
- All variants of the domain are claimed through search console
- I have set the preferred version of the domain to the non-www version
- All variants have been "fetched & rendered" and properly show that they are in fact 301'd
- Home page is not being blocked by any robots.txt and has the correct canonical tag in the header
I have tried finding the duplicate by searching for phrases on the home page in Google and nothing really turns up. The only thing that I can see is that maybe Google is confused about the fact there is another TLD out there that is similar to this domain:
http://www.distinctiveinteriordesigns.net - which is also a similar type of business, but it is a completely different TLD and has completely different content.
But in some searches I am seeing this:
(that is my client's address showing below the search result)
I am at a loss on this and have been pulling my hair out over it and I am just about bald at this point. If anyone has any insight or some other suggestions to try, I am all ears.