I'm trying to get my head on this, our site have thousands of links, is an e-commerce site, where products titles require changes on regular basis to get the best of SEO... you know, as usual, we build the url from the product title cleaning all weird characters and to make it seo friendly url.
However, all the pages are dynamically generated, means, if someone of the data content team changes the title name of that product url will change, which mean:
- if the old url has a good position on SERP that page will be lost? meaning we lose the SEO, ranking...
- How we keep the same page SERP position?
- Does it needs a redirect or rewrite?
- If it's a redirect do we need 2 pages? page A as old link and page B with new Link? don't think so?
- so then the sitemap needs to contain the 2 url?
- what is the best practise for dynamic url change?