I registered a domain via WebHostFive back in May 2017. It worked for about 2 weeks and then in mid-May it totally disappeared. I did TraceRoutes and WhoIs lookups to find out that this no longer existed. I also contacted PublicRegistryDomain and was told that they changed to JJRCompanies.
I contacted JJRCompanies and received no reply. I called the 800 number PublicRegistryDomain provided me and the phone rang with no answer until the phone disconnected.
I contacted PublicRegistryDomain via the Compliance ticket process on their website and the Compliance email address. I explained that I had attempted to contact both WebHostFive and JJRCompanies as well as calling the 800 number that they told me to call with no reply. I even tried reaching out the bitsofcream-at-gmail-dot-com that was supposed to be an alternative contact for Joshua Robbins with no reply.
I asked PublicRegistryDomain to attempt contact this individual as their own process of research as I can only figure that they went out of business or had died.
I then filed UDRP complaint with ICANN. Icann closed my ticket/complaint stating that they felt it was invalid. They indicated that I could only pursue the issue if they failed to transfer my account when I requested.
I then requested my current hosting provider fastcomet.com to transfer my domain from JJRCompanies/PublicRegistryDomain to fastcomet.com. I knew that this was not possible as my WhoIs account showed that there was a lock on the account and that JJRCompanies no longer existed and could not provide me with the required EPP.
Fastcomet said they went through PublicRegistryDomain (PRD) and that they would contact them asking PRD to "push" the domain to Fastcomet.
After several days, I was told by FastComet that PRD had refused the push and that I needed to contact PRD directly.
I don't know if the following result was due to my initiating several tickets with PRD or because FastComet had asked for the push to happen and related that WebHostFive/JJRCompanies was no longer in existence.
PRD reached out to me and apologized and said that they had discovered that WebHostFive/JJRCompanies was no longer in business and would set me up as the owner of the domain and create a record in their system allowing me to manage my domain.
I did have to send them a scan of a government ID, the company registration and completed a PRD document they provided to me.
I am happy to report that less than a week later, I now have my domain functioning on my hosting company.
I apologize for the length of this answer but wanted to provide you with the detailed processes that have finally worked for me and hope that your own pursuit of claiming your domain will allow you to be successful.
Possibly PRD will understand when someone states their domain comes from WebHostFive or JJRCompanies and will move much faster.