I have a post I just updated on a site. This site gets picked up in google almost instantly but this post that I updated is not getting updated. As a matter of fact the post in mobile index, which is AMP, is showing the old post with no updated text, title and featured image. Below are the things I have changed in the post:
- Added more text with an update
- Added a new featured image
- Added "Updated - 9/8/17" to the title
- Updated meta title
Things I have done to get the post picked up:
- Requested to re-crawl the page in Search Console.
- Posted updated post on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
My site setup:
- XML Sitemap linked to Search Console
- Structured data for articles in json format that includes: post title, post description, post published date, post last updated date, images, author and etc.
- Google News active
- AMP enabled
No idea why its not being picked up. Its been a few hours.I am concerned because this is a very important post designed to communicate with our customers about event cancellations due to Irma.
Should I change the publish date to now and request a crawl again?