We have a single website deployed in multiple configurations. Simplified example:
- Manufacturer A + Vendor L + Product X + Staging mode
- Manufacturer A + Vendor L + Product X + Production mode
- Manufacturer B + Vendor M + Product Y + Production mode
- Manufacturer B + Vendor M + Product Z + Production mode
- Manufacturer B + Vendor N + Product Z + Production mode
And we want to track all of them within a single Google Analytics property. Currently we track just various click events (e.g. "add to cart button clicked" or "order button clicked"), using Google Tag Manager, and we GTM variables defined for all configuration options (which are pretty much independent of each other).
How do we go about categorizing all that? We don't want to concatenate all variables into a single category, since we might want to explore a slice of our events, e.g. by a single manufacturer or just production mode, or a combination of variables, like "manufacturer B + vendor N". Content Grouping?
Just in case, we do need to track staging too, and we can't rely on the domains/URLs, just the variables extracted from the page using GTM.