I'm in the process of re-organizing my web site.
Initially I thought that the best way to do this was to make my changes and put permanent redirects. However Google is still showing my old pages as being current.
What is the best way to make a smooth transition?
- Page that is removed as no longer relevant.
- Two pages that have been combined.
- One page that has been split.
- At what point should an old page be removed from sitemap.
- Is there merit in asking google to reindex site?
- Should redirects be left in place permanently, or after a period of time.