I created two landing pages. I created a goal page and set up appropriate goal (type: Destination) in Google Analytics. I established a content experiment. There I specified two recently created landing pages as variations and my goal as objective. Then I used 6 profiles of Google Chrome to perform a conversions. I called "Ctrl-Chift-Del" in each profile to completely remove all information for the beginning of time - just in case, to be sure that GA sessions will be created from scratch.
I visited A page from each profile. 3 of 6 visits has been redirected to B page. Then I consistently performed conversion (visited goal page) from each profile.
After several hours I got results. Experiment said me that there are 3 sessions for A variation and 3 sessions for B variation and there are no conversions.
Checked Content report: there are 3 hits of each A and B pages. Checked Conversions report: there are 6 hits of my goal. Double-checked settings of experiment: this goal is specified as objective. The problem is - no one conversion recorded by the experiment although 6 sessions started.
This problem is being reproduced only with analytics.js code, not with ga.js. I performed exactly same scenario but changed tracking code from analytics.js to ga.js. I successfully got 6 sessions and 6 conversions after several hours of experiment. Then I changed tracking code back to analytics.js - again, there are hits of A and B pages, there are hits of goal, there are 6 sessions but no conversion in experiment.