Webmasters Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pro webmasters. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I thought I remember seeing this somewhere but maybe not.

Isn't there an HTML tag for grouping forms similar to the tag for grouping headers?

so for example:

        <!-- misc. data -->
        <!-- misc. data -->
share|improve this question
There is no official form-grouping tag in the specifications. – pritaeas Feb 21 '11 at 10:15
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Maybe you're thinking of the fieldset tag?
There's nothing to group entire forms.

share|improve this answer
Just to expand on Su's answer, you can nest fieldset elements, which would allow you to break a single form into multiple "subforms", however they would all be submitted together to the same URL. Fieldsets are commonly used to create multistep forms where each step is a fieldset. – Lèse majesté Mar 29 '11 at 13:12

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.