What Forum Software should I use?
I am looking for forum engine (for discussions) with good attack countermeasures built in. Windows (preferrably) or Linux. Free (as beer).
I think about registration flooding and blocking user accounts attacks.
For registration, such engine should have at least:
- blocking mulitple registrations from the same IP
- providing login (for logging in) and user name (for displaying the author of the posts)
For logging in:
- no blocking on multiple tries -- instead after X try sending via mail a token, the third piece needed for next login -- without it logging in will be impossible (it would be similar to activation process)
The engine should be designed with two ideas in mind:
- protecting engine against attacks
- 0 penalty for decent users
Thank you in advance for your help and recommendations.