I have a blog (http://blog.brodzinski.com), which is wordpress.org blog with pretty popular Thesis theme with almost no other customizations. Some time ago it was penalized by Google search - it simply stopped appearing in search results even for search terms it used to be top result, like my name - Pawel Brodzinski - which isn't anything close to popular search term.
To be exact the site has been penalized on Nov 18. It started popping up in search result on Dec 23 but only for a few days. Since Dec 27 it is out again.
- I know Google guidelines and I'm not aware to break any of them.
- I submitted reconsideration request after I noticed penalty. It was proceeded and there was no change whatsoever (no surprise as it seems the site was penalized again).
- I checked diagnostics in webmaster tools and neither any malware was detected nor any strange search terms popped up.
- I read related threads on Google webmasters forum but found none of solutions working for me.
- I posted a thread on Google webmasters forum (http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters/thread?tid=546339f49d4a03bc&hl=en) and the only answer I got was to check for duplicate content. Well, there is some duplicate content published on the web but it is true for vast majority of blogs and it doesn't seem to be a reason for a penalty. Also before Dec 27 I was able to remove duplicate content from a couple of sites which were republishing my feed but this doesn't change the situation - the site was penalized again.
The problem is I have no idea what can be wrong with the website or how to find it out.
To make the problem worse I'm no webmaster, I just run a wordpress blog, which was supposed to be easy.