Webmasters Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pro webmasters. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have looked and couldn't find one. Please recommend a domain registrar on which you can change CNAME settings without having a hosting account.

I have to change CNAME setting for my domain to make it point to a cloud hosting service http://www.openshift.com. Openshift doesn't yet offer domain registering so I have to use another registrar bit most seem to have CNAME settings only for hosting...

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Simon Hayter Apr 12 '14 at 7:04

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions asking us to recommend a tool, library or favorite off-site resource are off-topic for Pro Webmasters as they tend to attract opinionated answers and spam." – Simon Hayter
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I think you mean "registrar". You are the "registrant". – w3dk Apr 12 '14 at 0:06
@w3d thanks, corrected. – CyberJunkie Apr 12 '14 at 13:57
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I am a bit confused by the question. However I am assuming that your domain name is hosted within a DNS service and your site is hosted with another company. This is not uncommon.

GoDaddy allows this just fine. You can host your domain name there and do whatever you want with the DNS settings. I do this. My site is not hosted. Just my DNS records.

share|improve this answer

Most of the domain registrars provide this feature. You can manage your DNS records without hosting it. There is no additional cost for it and it can be managed from the dashboard of the provider.

Before registering a domain, check with the Sales team if they provide with this feature.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.