Sign up ×
Webmasters Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pro webmasters. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I bought a domain from GoDaddy. Let's call this domain

I've a hosting account at web hosting A with as my primary domain.

I created a sub-domain and I wish it to be pointed to my new hosting account.

This web hosting B also uses as the primary domain.

The main purpose of doing this is because I only want to use web hosting B to host my contents. That's all. Other content from * and will be remain at web hosting A.

How to do this?

Additional notes...

  1. I tried to add as an add-on domain to my web hosting B account. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that.

  2. I also tried to use URL forwarding method using DNS management service like DNS Social. It doesn't work.

  3. I'm using WordPress on the site. Both web hosting A and B running cPanel - Apache servers (shared hosting).

share|improve this question
Are you on a shared server? – w3d Oct 31 '13 at 9:40
@w3d yes. Any idea? – zulhfreelancer Oct 31 '13 at 15:53
Not sure... but if you are on a shared server then simply setting up A records (or CNAME records for that matter) won't work by itself. There needs to be something setup (ie. the subdomain) at Host B, but the main domain ( points to another server. I'm thinking that maybe Host B should be set up initially to use and not simply, since that already points elsewhere. (?) – w3d Nov 3 '13 at 12:56

2 Answers 2

Go to the DNS manager in godaddy, edit the zone for, and create an "A" record that points to the IP address of the new host. You might have to use a CNAME record instead of an A record, but the process is very similar.

share|improve this answer

You just need to point your subdomain to hosting B IP address. Please just login to your CP--> DNS setting--> find the A record and change it.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.