I am starting an AdWords campaigns and I will measure conversion rates using the AdWords conversion tracking pixel.
Conversion might be account creation or a concrete sale.
As it will be a test campaign to have some insights on CTR, CR, etc... on the future, I am likely to try several configurations:
- Two different ads with different landing URL and messages: one with a focus on the product / the other will contains a discount embedded in the URL.
- 4 different groups or themes of keywords.
I guess I have to
- build 4 ads groups based on the keywords
- 2 ads with the different messages
- assign the two ads to each ads groups
- follow the campaign precisely in the ads tabs where I can see the effectiveness of each Ads per Ads Groups (for a total of 8 lines of reporting)
Also, what are the key performance indicators that I can have from an AdWords campaign to measure global effectiveness?
- measure of return on investment from concrete sales (tracking pixel with e-commerce tag on confirmation page)
- measure o return on investment from leads acquisition (tracking pixel on account creation)
- measure of traffic increase with the campaign