I am trying to emulate some Google Apps app installation functionality and in order to effectively debug it, I need it running on my local Windows 7 machine (using XAMPP).
I am behind a router and I've forwarded port 80 to my local IP. When I visit my real IP in the browser I can browse the XAMPP htdocs folder, but when I visit the domain I also browse the htdocs folder. Whereas I need to browse a specific subfolder when I visit the domain.
I've played a bit with httpd-vhosts.conf and here's what I got right now:
<VirtualHost mydomain.info> ServerAdmin firstname.lastname@example.org DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/mydomain/subfolder" ServerName mydomain.info ServerAlias mydomain.info ErrorLog "logs/mydomain.info-error.log" CustomLog "logs/mydomain.info-access.log" combined </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost localhost> ServerAdmin email@example.com DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs" ServerName localhost ServerAlias localhost ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host.localhost-error.log" CustomLog "logs/dummy-host.localhost-access.log" combined </VirtualHost>
As you can see, the first rule should have pointed all requests to
c:/xampp/htdocs/mydomain/subfolder, but instead it forwards them to just
Edit: I forgot to mention that I use a free DNS service, to whose nameservers I have pointed the domain. Then in that service's DNS management I've added a A record for the domain with value that looks like this (IP is an example):
mydomain.info A 220.127.116.11 and TXT record, required for Google Apps verification:
google-site-verification=7rgvD...... However, I doubt this is the problematic thing, since the domain resolves to my local machine as I have mentioned. It just doesn't resolve to the correct folder.