We did have single site and single domain (let's call it
mainsite.com) with product information, however things have changed since and product database has grown fast. So we decided to move some major products/manufacturers under their own domains (let's call one of them
subsite.com) while still using our main database/codebase.
What we've done:
subsite.comdomain for product 1 by Great Products Co.
mainsite.comusing 301 redirect.
If I search our moved products from Google then it will found them and list them but with old links to our main page like
mainsite.com/group/product1 but it should show link to new site
subsite.com/product1. Links from Goole redirects as they should, as said redirects are verified .
Any reasons why Google would not follow 301 redirects and update links so that they will point to our new mfg/product site