This question already has an answer here:
I have an university project in which we develop a video sharing system for schools. Our central use cases are as follows:
- The system has to manage videos (and associated arbitrary metadata)
Where management includes uploading, transcoding, browsing (by metadata) and playing
- The system has to implement a 3-tier release process:
- pupils may add videos to the system
- teachers may approve added videos, publishing them to other pupils
- administrators may revoke the approval of published videos
The system needs to be developed in an agile fashion, oriented on Extreme Programming. As a result, the system needs to be implemented in a programming language, the developers are familiar with. The biggest overlap in competences of the developers is Python, so with additional functional requirements to be expected:
- The system needs to be implemented and extensible in Python.
The system needs to be released to the general public, so
- The system and all components need to be licensed as open source.
Which extensible open source Python CMS, supports video content and a role-based workflow?