I started building a website recently. I have no problem with the language technical skills. However, it's my first website, and I don't know how to setup my local machine and how to make it available afterwards. I have a machine with ubuntu, but I can adapt if required.
Does anyone know of any resources (a book would be ideal I think, but a comprehensive website would do too) that could help me on that?
What I would need to learn:
- The basic concepts. - How to setup a database.
- How to setup a server (in Java ideally).
- How to have the client/server/database communicating.
- Basic tools (version control, google analytics, etc...) - How to have everything setup on my local machine.
- How to export it to the website's repository.
It's not quite as this question: Book / resource suggestions for learning web development? Where to start? as I am really not interested in learning the languages.