I have been asked by my friend who is starting a new webshop to find the best and cheapest way to get a webshop up and running. Since my skills with php, html, css, mysql etc. are limited, and since I don't really know anything about security of webpages, I started looking for complete solutions.
There are a lot of companies selling webshops with domain and everything, but they are very expensive (about 40 euro a month) , and I'm sure that it can be done cheaper.
I looked at PrestaShop, and it looks quite good for a free webpage. This solution would only cost about 1 euro a month, which is a lot cheaper than a complete solution.
The thing is that I don't want responsibility if something goes wrong, and therefore I want to ask you Webmasters if you have any experience with PrestaShop?
- Is it secure to use for a small webshop?
- Does it need a lot maintenance?
- Compared to a ready made solution like ScanNet (Danish webshop hosting company), what are its weaknesses?
- What are your opinions and experiences?
- If I chose PrestaShop as a solution, would it work well with www.one.com (using the 5Gb webhotel)?
I hope you can help me and I appreciate the time you took to read this.