I made a simple webpage http://pundaquitboat.michaelspages.com/ giving it the the title tag "Boat – Pundaquit" and I have submitted it to Google bot by Google Webmaster Tools.
Then I decided to change the title to "Anawangin trip" of the same page and I submited my webpage again in the same way to Google bot.
The result was that the new title of my webpage coexisted with the old title of the same webpage in SERPs for maybe 2 days.
After that the new title was rejected and if I enter site:pundaquitboat.michaelspages.com/ I can see that Google has my old copy of my webpage with old title in its database.
This problem doesn't occur in Bing when I can enjoy high position of "Anawangin trip" phrase. (In Bing I haven't submitted the old version of title.)