I looking to branch up and out of my career, but i don't know what direction to take that is a good match for my skills, and will lead to higher pay.
- Dabbled with OpenGL, Java, and C in college
- Graduated college with a "design/art/computer" degree with emphasis in programming
- Webmaster of JC Newspaper website
- Project Manager/PHP Developer in an SEO company
- Junior Developer in a Web Design Firm(current)
- Rebuilt "cookie-cutter" framework in MySql, PHP, Xtemplate, which is what is in use for all "lower-level" builds.
- Moved up to doing custom websites for higher end clients using Python and Django, a little Wordpress customization, Joomla. Picked up development in Linux along the way
- Also do light system admin / web admin across our web servers setting up virtual host entires, permissions, light name server management.
So my issue is that i dont know where to jump off to from here. I dont feel like i am being compensated enough for what i do/know ($36k/year), but has been worth the lack in pay with the experience that i've gained. Lately ive asked to be exposed more to System Admin stuff in hopes of eventually getting an actual Sys Admin job. Im planning to take some JC classes in the near future as well to further this goal. So what other avenues for growth are there from where im standing in my career?