Webmasters Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pro webmasters. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Old pages still appearing in Google?

I recently bought a new address for my Blogger blog, from yannbane.blogspot.com to www.yannbane.com. However, www.yannbane.com addresses do not appear when they are searched for! Is this natural? How much time will it take for Google to update its index?

yannbane.blogspot.com 301's to www.yannbane.com. Both are added to my Webmaster Tools account, but it shows no data for www.yannbane.com (strangely). And, finally, is there something I could do to speed up the process?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by John Conde Sep 11 '12 at 11:21

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 5 down vote accepted

Unfortunately no one can say you when Google will. According to my experience it can take a lot of time, also several months.

share|improve this answer

Actually, I'm getting yannbane.com in positions 2 and 3 in Google (UK and US) for the term "tautological cascade", and site: command reports 29 results for the whole domain. The only thing outranking you, in fact, is your own WordPress.com site. So the lack of data in GWT is something else. Google knows you've moved.

share|improve this answer
Oh wow, now I'm on the second place! My old WordPress.com site is still outranking me, though. Well, I guess that kinda answers my question. – jcora Sep 11 '12 at 8:16
You can buy a redirect from WordPress, if you want to fix that: WP Site Redirect – GDav Sep 11 '12 at 9:13
Nah... It sends out a 410, I bet it will be removed soon. Also, I didn't really want to buy anything from WordPress, I like Blogger more. – jcora Sep 11 '12 at 9:19

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.