I would like to post a link on a Facebook page where it will exit Facebook entirely and go to a client's website, where people will be on a page (client's) where they can enter their e-mail address to be entered in a temporary database file with rules and disclosures etc., for a draw once the number of entries reaches 100 for instance.
Once the number of entries reaches 100, a random winner is picked and notified via E-mail.
The functionality is as follows:
- A link is place on a Facebook page leading to an external page
- The page is a form to merely enter their email address for a contest
- The email is placed in a temporary file
- An automatic E-mail is sent to the address used for confirmation using SHAH-256 hash
- The person receives the Email saying something to the affect "Please confirm your Email address etc. - If you did not authorize this, simply ignore this message and no further action will be taken".
- If the person clicks on the confirmation link, the Email is then stored in the database and the person is again notified saying "Thank you for signing up etc."
- Once others do the same process and the database reaches a certain number, the form is no longer accessible and automatically picks a random Email.
- Once picked, an Email is automatically sent to the winner stating the instructions, and notifying me also.
- Once that person clicks yet another confirmation link, the database is then automatically deleted.
I have built this myself and have no intentions of breaking any rules, nor jeopardize the work/time/energy I have put into this project.
Is this allowed?