I have registered the domain www.posti.sh at nic.sh. The website is on the server www.myskoob.com/postish. Unfortunately, nic.sh does not support frames, i.e. that the domain stays posti.sh as it forwards to www.myskoob.com/postish - so I thought about a URL rewrite on the server.
Unfortunately I have no idea how rewriting works - I am thankful for explanations - but I would also like to ask whether this is generally possible. What I need is:
- The server needs to recognize that the folder postish is accessed
- Depending on the file that is opened, it needs to rewrite the url to www.posti.sh/<-according filename here->
- Also, the server needs to understand that a link to www.posti.sh/about.php links to www.myskoob.com/postish/about.php and likewise for other files - at the moment, when I type in posti.sh/about.php it redirects to http://www.myskoob.com/postishabout.php, which does not exist
- All this should be possible irrespective of whether the url contains a "www" at the beginning or not
- A plus but not necessary would be that it does not display the .php extensions
Would that generally be possible? If not, what would be the alternatives? If anyone knows how to do it, any code and/or way to do it would be much appreciated!