I am looking for a chat room solution similar to the one on StackExchange to facilitate more responsive communication between the contributors on Open-Org.com. My criteria are the following:
- No Flash (this rules out more than half)
- Full history (meaning that it is possible to access all previous conversation for future reference.
- Very customizable
- No ugly IRC stuff filling up the chat view (I do not want to see who joined an who left etc.)
- No private conversations possible (this is just not in the spirit of Open-org.com)
- A hosted solution with a reasonable price.
These criteria are so different from this question, so this is not a duplicate question.
The service which matches this the closest is Chatroll.com. However, at 199$ per month their prices are outrageous.