So I'm looking for ways to optimize my site for user and search engine purposes. I've read several articles and looked at several different plugins. To say the least, I'm thoroughly confused as what are the best practices for managing internal and external links. Here is a list of some of my questions:
- Which internal links should be set to "nofollow"?
- Which external links should be set to "nofollow"?
- To what degree does actively managing links contribute to your PR?
- Should you use "nofollow" blindly on all links in comments?
- If a link to an external site is broken (404 or whatever), should you "nofollow" that link? What about "noindex"?
As you can see, lots of questions. I'm hoping that you experienced webmasters can give a newb some best-practice advice.