I am frequently asked to log into clients google analytics and adwords accounts. If I forget to log out before visiting other google properties (google search, youtube etc), this leaves tracks of my views/searches etc, exposing my activities to the client.
- Client gives me access to their Google Analytics / AdWords account
- I log into clients Analytics account and do some stuff
- Then in another tab I perform some related google searches to solve some related issues
- Issues solved, I then close the Analytics tab
- I then visit google.com, perform some unrelated searches
- I then visit YouTube, view some unrelated videos
- All Web and YouTube searches are recorded in clients google account, thus leaking potentially sensitive data
Even assuming that I remember to log out correctly at step 4 (as I do 95% of the time), anything I do at step 3 is exposed to the client. I would be surprised if this is not a very common issue.
I'm looking for a technical solution to ensure that this can never happen. Any ideas?