I would like to include global editable components in a website I am currently making with the 1.4 Symfony framework. Are there any plugin/library/anything that could do that?
- The best solution would have been something like http://www.symfony-project.org/plugins/sfDoctrineEditableComponentPlugin. However:
- This plugin is still in alpha.
- I could not have it work (though it may be because I made an error during installation)
- The slots are not global.
- One idea would be to use a CMS. I tried with Apostrophe. However I did not succeed in inserting a_slots in templates of "normal" actions. It seems you can only inserts slots in pages created by Apostrophe. A solution could be to create a template for each pages/action. Then I could create an apostrophe page for each of those templates. But that would mean transferring all the Controller part in the templates, losing the assets of a MVC architecture.
- Doing it myself. I could do that, but I would have the feeling of reinventing the wheel. My needs do not seem quite specific, so I hope someone have done it before.
I am currently making a website for an association of theater, dance and music. We produce an average of 1.5 spectacles by month plus some other events. In the current version of the website, I have done a backend application where you can edit all the informations about a given event. However, some people find it hard/weird to need to go to another page. Sometimes they mistake two fields; WYSIWYGs editable components seem perfect to me. They need to be global (indeed the title of an event appear in multiple pages).