There may be no definitive answer to this question but I thought peer review of the problem might stimulate some ideas on the topic.
We have a boutique sales site that is experiencing low volumes of traffic (both UK and international) between 8AM and 4PM BST. This seems sort of strange since our target audience for the site is UK based, and this would seem to be when people are awake and online.
We are in contact with another boutique site in the same sector who don't experience this issue, so it seems kinda strange.
Later on in the day we are getting traffic from the UK, as well as a fair amount of international traffic, so I'm at a loss to figure this one out.
The site is fairly well optimised including:-
- Proper caching policies across the board
- google merchant
- dublin core
- pretty urls
- meta and content are reviewed as an ongoing concern
- we have decent sitelinks for direct queries thru google on the site name
- a decent amount of inbound links
- FB, Twitter, Google +1
- Google maps listing [verified]
- site has been selling for ~4 months and is getting ~250 users per day.
So I'm not entirely sure how to explain the mid day dip in our figures....
Any ideas at all would be useful.