I am looking for a service that can accept short video clips flexibly and convert to an archival format. So the process would be:
- Person in the field uploads a video by:
- Smartphone upload
- Upload from camera via laptop
- Upload from browser via Flash
- Service normalizes the video to some standard format (AVI? with standard quality)
- Service generates a thumbnail and embeds in a larger report
- Thumbnail is clickable to get the larger video
These are private, assessment videos, so they need to be confidential. Most of the online services out there (YouTube, Vimeo, etc) do parts of these, but don't have a commercial or archival component. Ideally the service would have an API, but if it satisfies the bullet points above a "self-serve" YouTube quality would be great.
I did searching and mostly I've found components limited by browser (ActiveX controls and such) or not allowed to be private.
I'd prefer to buy a service rather than reinvent this wheel. Thanks in advance!