I setup some Goal Tracking about one week ago. I had multiple goals in one set. The goal itself was the "send" button being pressed on the callback form (i did that by pushing a page view to Google Analytics every time the send button is pressed)
For each goal, i listed the first step as a required step.
So for example, the ILR Page was step 1 and set as required and the goal was
Looking at the stats a week later i'm getting some very inflated numbers especially when comparing them to my manually filled excel spreadsheet and i'm struggling to understand the cause of this behaviour.
I'm unable to attach screenshots unfortunately since my StackExchange account for this site is brand new
My own thoughts
My own thoughts were that maybe its because I have setup multiple goals with the same end goal URL, but I thought that was a valid setup since I want to track multiple routes so to speak.
I've disabled all other goals for now to confirm this, but I'm waiting for stats to come in as I write this.