I simply ask for the best, most common and simple way to set up a podcast? Please, I need an answer so I can close this question?
I run a joomla-based website for a small church and now need a simple, cheap and effective solution for an audio podcast. I am looking for a solution that will do the following:
- User uploads audio files to service (preferably not to our own site) that is cheap, fast and simple to use. Dropbox for example?
- Files are easily embeddable into Joomla website articles to be played on the spot (through simple-to-use and media player). Preferably through RSS feeds (to make it easy to update every week).
- Files are downloadable.
- Files are viewable on iPhones and other smartphones.
- Solution can be broadcasted via iTunes.
- Solution doesn't need a lot of extra, new third party software. I'd rather keep it simple and familiar than have it be a complete new system but with a steep learning curve.
At the moment we use vimeo to host the podcast, through video files. But we'd like to move to something simpler that doesn't involve a series of difficult steps to upload the files to the web.