I offer a paid subscription newsletter service that sends e-mails daily. I have had trouble in the past and currently with AOL E-Mail Address users and did not know if there is anything specific that I can do so that AOL will allow these e-mails through to the user. I would like to note that the messages are not getting marked as SPAM. They simply do not show and I do not receive any bounces from the e-mails. They seem to just disappear. Now with that said here is what steps I have taken:
- Contacted the company I send the e-mails through to see if they can tweak their settings
- Asked the end user to add my e-mail to their Address Book (my email is a valid e-mail)
- Setup Domainkeys and SPF for my site
- Checked for "spammy" words and phrases etc
- Checked for the blacklisting of the mail server IPs (they are not)
I only have this issue with AOL users; Gmail, MSN, Yahoo, etc do not give me these issues. Anything I can do to improve the rates would be very beneficial to my company and the users who pay to receive these messages. I have attempted to contact AOL and all I get back is a very general canned response that tells me nothing or says there is no issue. Is there anything I can do to "help" my e-mails out with AOL?