Webmasters Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pro webmasters. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I already bought a domain name .com on godaddy for my company.

I would like to reserve the same name with country specific domain extention, but not sure where to buy them and how to do it.

Here are the ones that I would like to buy: Europe: fr, co.uk, de, ch, es, it, nl, se, no, ru australia: com.au asia: sg

Godaddy has all except 1 in europe, australia and singapore. Should I find a website that sell all of them or should I buy some of them in godaddy and others elsewhere? Any suggestions where to buy them?

Until now i've always buy .com domain names only so not sure how to do it. Thanks


migration rejected from stackoverflow.com Jan 24 '14 at 19:38

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers. Votes, comments, and answers are locked due to the question being closed here, but it may be eligible for editing and reopening on the site where it originated.

closed as off-topic by dan Jan 24 '14 at 19:38

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions asking us to recommend a tool, library or favorite off-site resource are off-topic for Pro Webmasters as they tend to attract opinionated answers and spam." – dan
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I've found it best to buy as many as you can in one place (if they are related) so you can easily update them. Personally, I haven't purchased some of those TLD/SLDs, but I've heard the Austrailian one you have to purchase from an AU registrar only - someone like name.com.au Most likely for the others you'll need to do the same. In that case, I'd suggest buying a bulk of them from one place (GoDaddy or whoever you prefer) and then get the ones you cannot from specialized registrars.