Among virtual hosting providers, there is usually an amount of storage and bandwidth specified in the service description (example: 50 GB storage, 1 TB bandwidth/month) but no such thing for CPU usage. However, usually a clause in the agreement says something about using resources excessively.
- How is this measured?
- What is the measurement units?
- What is being measured?
- Is this a CPU usage percentage?
- Does the peak count or the average (over a period)?
- Excessive relative to what?
- Since no measure is specified in the agreement, what can be done to avoid being squeezed into more expensive plans?