Webmasters Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pro webmasters. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On some websites, there are fixed mini contact forms on the bottom corner of a web page. An example website is Olark.

I couldn't find out the name of this kind of form apps.

Does anybody know what they are called and is there any ready made component or tutorial how to implement them?

Contact form minimized on the corner

Contact form expanded

Note: There is a similar widget question here as well: What is the online survey/feedback widget that looks like "[+]" (a crosshair) in the bottom right

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

This is simply DOM manipulation using - more often than not using a JavaScript library like or similar.

The HTML containing the form (or whatever content) is hidden until the action element is clicked revealing the hidden content (either immediately or with a transition).

Some examples can be found here:

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.