I have a moderately successful message board with an excellent (but tiny) community associated with it.
One of my goals for the month is to try and increase the amount of users on the site and also the amount of posts per day.
Apart from the general methods that any site could use to drive traffic is there anything I should specifically be doing for a message board?
Here are some of the things I have already tried (and am already trying, obviously some of these things are on-going projects)
- Harnessing Facebook Communities and the 'like' button.
- Writing a friendly message to non-logged in users asking them to sign up or log in.
- Writing posts in such as way as they spark debate or conversation.
- Listen and engage with the community.
- We have a basic reputation system.
- We have an introduction thread and it has a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
- We interview people on the site.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.