I setup a blog for development purposes on the *.com/a/ directory and now want to move it to the root directory *.com on the same host.
How do I Backup and Move the Wordpress Blog Website to the Root Directory on the SAME host?
I'm looking at a tutorial on WordpressSites.net & howtospoter.com but am pretty sure I can skip some of these steps because I am using the same hosting service and just need to change a couple settings right?
Here are the steps require to completely change hosting companies:
- Complete Full Backup of Your WordPress Site
- Setup Your New Database at Your New Host
- Change Your Existing DNS Domain Name Servers To Point To Your New Host
- Upload and Import Your WordPress Backup To Your New Hosts Database
- Configure Your Import Settings For Restoration and Completion To Your New Host