Webmasters Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pro webmasters. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

You know what I am talking about: Where some websites have a text area (for tagging, or for mass emailing), you type something and when you press enter a bubble appears to wrap your text into a single unit, with a small 'x' on the side which when clicked will erase the bubble and all its contents.

What is that bubble effect called? Can someone point me in the right direction on how it can be done? Thanks.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I'd call it tag suggestion. This jquery plugin does sort of what you want http://plugins.jquery.com/project/tag-it/ but with no actual bubble. You can probably do the bubble with some CSS styling to get rounded corners.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.