Its been about three years since I've played with apache and php(I've been using thin and nignx ;). So I've forgotten how to setup a mod_rewrite directive to forward all http requests from root to the application's installed folder.
Current setup and restrictions:
- The site is on a shared cpanel hosting service that doesn't allow applications being installed as root (feature not a bug in my book for versioning and what not).
- CMS application was installed under joomla-1.5.60/
- I need to setup /(.*) to redirect to /joomla-1.5.60/$1 but still look to the browser as /(.*)
- RedirectMatch does not work
- I cannot establish docroot as the application's root because of account restrictions
I've read over the docs by apache and I keep getting a redirection loop. So any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.