Last year I started working with a team on our first major web project (We, the Pixels). I believe the idea is very solid, but it has a hard requirement for a group of people being on the site for the randomly scheduled events. We are having problems getting people to come and stay for these events.
What is the proper marketing approach needed to bring people to the site for these events? We have recently done the following in an attempt to fix the problem:
- Added email notification of new events being created
- Added privileges based on rank
- Added text throughout the site encouraging setting up the events in the future so other users can have time see that it exists.
- Gotten involved in with other communities that would find the site interesting in order to promote (market) the site
- Advertised using Google Adwords
Is there an standard marketing approach for such a case as this?